Yup that’s right doing too much cardio will make you fat!
If your goal is to lose unwanted fat and not spending hours in the gym cardio is not for you!
Cardio can and will make you fatter
Here is why!
1. Cardio burns muscle- when it comes to changing the way you look muscle is the most important thing. Muscle is active tissue in your body...muscles help you move and speed up your metabolism
Cardio on the other hand doesn’t...doing too much cardio taps into muscle for fuel which causes your body to break down muscle tissue. The less muscle tissue you have the slower your metabolism will be the fatter you will get. Cardio doesn’t build muscle so it does nothing to speed up your metabolism at rest
2. Increased hunger- doing excessive amounts of cardio will make you more hungry. Most people believe that if they burn 500 calories on the treadmill or in fruit theory class that they can eat 500 calories more. It doesn’t work like that. You don’t lose fat from 1 meal you lose it over weeks and months of being in a caloric deficit (eating less calories then you are burning). Cardio makes you feel tired and when you are tired hunger levels rise
3. Slows down your metabolism- your body is an adapting machine and can adapt to anything that you do. So when you are doing cardio 3-5x a week your body becomes reliant￼ on that amount of cardio. If you happen to miss a week of cardio your body will sense that it didn’t burn that many calories and will gain weight because of that. Like I also stated in point 1 cardio does nothing to help build muscle which speeds up your metabolism. If muscle is so important for a healthy metabolism then why focus on cardio!
Don’t fall prey to fitness cardio scams and spend hours of your life doing cardio. Like I say in the video work smarter not harder!
How many people do you know that do a ton of cardio but never actually look different? Tag a friend that needs to stop doing so much cardio and start lifting more weights!
If you have any questions at all about this comment below or send me a private message to discuss your goals
Why Fruit Theory gym is not helping you?
You all know what place I am talking about. In fact I want to start off by saying that doing anything is better than doing nothing. I won’t take anything away from them in that regard. They are getting people moving and out of the house and that’s a win.
However they are flawed....when you are trying to get skinner, toner and to look better overall those workouts will do slim to none.
70% of the equation comes from the nutrition. So if you want lose weight most of it is going to come from your diet anyway. They don’t even mention anything about that...you can’t out exercise a bad diet...so doing hours of cardio activity will only leave you tired burned out and less toned then if you didn’t do any of it at all!
At the fruit place they focus on burning calories and not on the bigger picture. In order to lose weight and tighten up you need to focus on strength training. Strength training is the only vehicle out there that promotes:
￼🔥🔥 Burning more calories at rest LONG TERM
💪🏻💪🏻 Improves strength for everyday use
📏📏 Improves Range of motion and flexibility
🦴🦴 Improves Bone Strength to prevent osteoporosis
🕐🕙 Less time in the gym
Studies show that 30 minutes of Weight training 2-3x per week combined with proper nutrition can result in improved body composition changes (you will be more toned and fit)
Then cardio alone
So instead of wasting hours jumping from the treadmill to the bike to a rower pick up a Barbell and lift!
Your body and your pants size will thank you!
1. Plan dinner choices ahead
Weekend eating is generally ruined by social events. Regardless if it’s a party or restaurant with the family or friends you still have the option to plan ahead and not each terrible. Pick the food you plan to eat ahead of time and plug it into your my fitness pal or your preferred method of tracking and work backwards throughout the rest of the day to make sure you do not go over your calorie budget.
2. Allow for 1-2 drinks max
Again if you plan ahead and account for this you can fit it in. Its when you don’t plan and you “wing it” you get into trouble. You have 1 and before you know it you are on your 4th or 5th and grabbing dessert. Don’t let that be you, plan ahead!
3. Keep busy. The biggest challenge is the change in normal routine or schedule. Too many times we make poor decisions based out of boredom, not true hunger!
4. Get a workout in (ideally with one of the best personal trainers on long island AB Fitness Center) to offset some of those extra calories you might take in. The biggest issue for most is fitness becomes out of site out of mind on the weekend. Still getting your workouts in keeps fitness at the top of your mind.
5. Enjoy yourself but keep going! Just because it’s the weekend doesn’t mean your goals need time off!
5 Quick Tips from AB Fitness Center! Home of the best personal trainer on long island
How Should You Workout With an Injury?
Injuries can be very debilitating…. Unfortunately even if you work with the best personal trainer on long island you still must alter your training around your limitations.
Notice I said “alter” not “stop” which unfortunately is more common but not the correct answer.
Injuries can limit what you are able to perform in the gym but that doesn’t mean you can never get back.
To work around an injury you must work within your limited range of motion to develop the weak muscles that caused your injury in the first place.
Majority of people that come to us have some sort of injury or limiting factor yet they all eventually do heavy compound movements.
These are all movements are exercises we perform regularly at AB Fitness Center! Long Islands Best Personal Training Studio!
Watch this video below for more info on how to workout around an injury
We got into an interesting topic at a recent nutrition workshop at AB Fitness Center and wanted to share it with you.
The question asked was how to I still burn fat if I need to occasionally grab fast food due to work or time restrictions?
The first thing you need to understand is just because you eat at a “fast food” restaurant doesn’t mean you can’t stick to your diet. Weight loss always boils down to making sure you are eating less calories than your body burns.
With that said here’s a few tips to stay on track if you find yourself stuck at eating a fast food chain.
1. Skip the burger and fries at McDonalds or similar location: Go for grilled chicken option, hold the cheese and sauce. If you really want to save calories skip the bun or wrap.
2.Go protein and veggies only at chipotle: Skip the rice guac and cheese!
3. Come workout at AB Fitness Center: The best personal trainer on long island! (Highly recommended ;)
4. Don’t binge at any of these places. Just because they have it doesn’t mean you need to eat the apple pie too!
Most importantly remember exactly why you are doing this! Just because you hired a personal trainer (and he may be the best personal trainer) doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight. That is a myth! If you want results you NEED to follow your diet in addition to working with a qualified personal trainer!
Enjoy and make your goals become a reality!
Join us at One of Our Personal Training Locations:
East Meadow Personal Training Studio
514A East Meadow Ave
East Meadow NY 11554
Massapequa Personal Training Studio
4150C Merrick Road
Massapequa NY 11758